Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Hand Ankles

We were driving in the car the other day, and Little Lady started whining. This has been a high-whine week in our household.

She said, "Crazy Fox hurt me! He hurt my hand ankle."

Both boys started giggling and correcting her saying, "That is not called a hand ankle. It is a wrist. That's your WRIST."

But Little Lady was not convinced. She sat quietly for a short moment pondering what she should do and then said, "Mom, Crazy Fox hurt my hand ankle."

I am convinced that she has been staying up at night thinking of ways to talk about her hand ankles. There have been long, thought out stories with strange plots, just so she could say hand ankle. And other less dramatic ways, such as, "My hand ankle sure is itchy." Or "The cat scratched my hand ankle." There has never been so much dialogue about wrist's in this household. I hope nothing happens to her elbows, or things could get really confusing around here.

Here's a hand ankle tutorial by Little Lady. It takes a while for the buffering, but it will load eventually.

3 comments:

homesweetidahome said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
homesweetidahome said...

Isn't it great all of the amazing things that kids can say? They bring us so much laughter!

(P.S. I deleted my other comment b/c there was a typo.)

Anonymous said...

Very cute, I will never look at my wrists the same again... I mean my hand ankles