Monday, March 24, 2008

Walgreen's: My New Favorite Store

I have never been a big Walgreen's fan. They occasionally have some good deals on photo processing, but for the most part I was never really impressed. . . until this month. My total for all this stuff was about $68.00. After coupons I spent a little over $10 and am awaiting a rebate for $14. I was recently reading over at http://www.moneysavingmom.com/ and I have been inspired to spend less even though everything seems to be going up in price. I think I have mentioned her site here before. It wasn't until I tried a few of the deals she had put together that I realized what fun it is to have the cashier tell you what a deal you got. I got 2 boxes of cereal, 2 rolls of paper towels, 2 razors, a refill pack of blades, 2 oust candles, 4 bags of M&M's, 14 chocolate eggs and 6 Easter basket toys for $10.34 out of pocket and another $14.00 coming to me by way of rebates. I have always been a coupon collector, and I have always been pretty price conscience, but let me tell you, we saw a major difference in our budget this month and it is partly because I didn't buy anything that wasn't at least half off, except for milk and gas.
As an example, there was a razor on sale for $5.99 plus a package of $6.99 refills free with purchase. I had two coupons for $2 off the razor or refills. I bought the two items, used two coupons and spent $1.99.
At her site, she has the best deals for the week all laid out for you, including links to print out coupons. It has taken a little extra time in planning, but the results have been amazing. I bought a lot of stuff I normally would not have even tried, but after the sales, coupons and rebates a lot of it has been free or nearly free. The plan is to stock up on items when they are on sale and then you should not have to buy them at full price. And if you have a CVS in your area, the deals there are even better.
Go checkout her site and let me know how your savings go.

No comments: