Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter

We had a wonderful morning celebrating the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ and the days that proceeded. Yesterday, as we sang a hymn that was new to me, I was overcome with the sacrifice that was made for me. As I sang the words, tears filled my eyes. Then I stood quietly and listened the our congregation sing of how Christ defeated death and how the debt for my sins has been paid. This is not news to me. I have known for 25 years that my debt of sins have been paid for. Yet, something about the way the tempo sped up and the assurity of those singing it grew in their voices, just took me in and I again felt the true gift that has been given to me.
I Peter 2:24
And He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to
righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have such a beautiful family!!!