Friday, January 18, 2008

Good Bye Split Ends

Little Lady's hair was getting a bit hard to comb through (sometimes because there was syrup in it), but usually just because it has been a while since it has been trimmed. Her ends were dry and even though her last haircut was a good one, it was still trying to recover from her baby mullet. It had a very defined vee shape to it. So we decided to even it out. She's always wanting a haircut and I really am surprised she hasn't taken it upon herself to just chop it off. I'm sure that day will come. We talked about it and she told me she wanted her hair cut short like T.S. (a boy from church). Even though his hair is not a really short boy cut I wasn't ready to let go of her tresses yet. So when I told her that would be too short for pony tails she said, "I would like it to be short like D.S.'s hair." D.S. is T.S's sister. Again, a little shorter than I was willing to go. (Even though D.S. looks super adorable with her hair cut short). So, I told her "We'll see". We got the stool out of the garage and the scissors and the water bottle and evened her hair right up. It turned out okay for just a mom-cut. The boys got a haircut too. Certainly nothing fantastic, but it will work since we don't have any family portraits planned in the next few weeks.

Here's the new do.


When she holds her head straight, it looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.
On a side note, I have been really challenged by this blog
and I was more than happy to save $40 by cutting the kids hair myself.

No comments: