Sunday, January 06, 2008

Stuck in the Mud

I'm not sure how it happened (or what was going on with my flash), but Little Lady got stuck in the mud. The kids have been spending their time inside the last few days. Friday it was so windy they would have blown away if they went outside, all the snow melted and it started to rain. Which left our yard in a state of mudness. It was so muddy that there were mud puddles in our mud puddles.
Yesterday, Little Lady had a friend over and I told them they could go out and jump on the trampoline. I said, "Just walk straight to the trampoline and jump. Come straight back when you're done. Don't play in the mud". I watched as they trudged their way over to the trampoline. They jumped for a few minutes and I watched from the kitchen window as I did the dishes. Next thing I know Little Lady's friend was at the back door knocking. I opened the door and she said, "Uh, Little Lady is stuck in the mud, she can't move". Being barefoot and without my camera in hand, I told her to "Hold on, I'll be right there" (as if she had any choice). I ran to get some shoes and the camera and worked my way out to her. The ground was so slippery I almost needed a rescue. She was having fun trying to lift her feet out of her boots while she laughed at her uncoordinated mother. As I got closer to her she told me, "I think I'm sinking in the mud".

Here she is sinking in the mud.

This was all that was left after the rescue.

Except for this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you commented at my place, I am having a blast reading your stories here. This is so funny!