Tuesday, February 05, 2008

25 Ways

I have a confession to make. I am sort of a publishing junkie. Not anything that has ever made me any money, just geeky things. I was on the yearbook staff for three years in high school finishing off as editor in my senior year. Then I started scrap booking with all the same techniques I had used on the yearbook, things like clean lines and catchy captions. After the boys were born, I joined a local mom's club and was so excited when they announced they needed a newsletter editor. I did the newsletter for several years, and saved a few of my favorite ones. I remembered one that I did for a February issue, and when I went to look for it, there it was waiting in it's file (if only everything around here was that organized!).

I compiled a list of ways to SHOW your kids how much you love them, because for kids, actions definitely speak louder than words. While I was at it I threw in a list for husbands too. I know as a mom there are times when the kids can consume me. All my energy goes into them. We need to keep our marriages a priority to keep them strong, because our kids need to know that we will be together through it all. I don't remember exactly where all the ideas came from. Some of them came from my own memories with my parents, some came from magazines or online searches. Some of the romantic ones came from here. So, since we are focusing on loving each other better around here, I thought I would share these ideas with you. There's one for every day this month. So without further ado:


25 Ways to Love Your Husband
  1. Complain less, compliment more.

  2. Always look into his eyes when he is talking to you.

  3. Catch his eye in a crowd and wink.

  4. Turn the A/C up and enjoy a fire in the summer.

  5. Celebrate his 1/2 birthday.

  6. Sit downs and write your goals out together.

  7. Wash his car.

  8. Make a list of 100 reasons why you love him

  9. Learn to have the last words in arguments, "I'm sorry".

  10. Pray together.

  11. Foster an atmosphere of laughter in your home.

  12. Compliment him often.

  13. Don't over commit yourself. Leave time for him.

  14. Surprise him with a 15 second kiss when he gets home from work.

  15. Plan regular dates together.

  16. Express how much you appreciate him for working to support the family.

  17. Unplug the TV and leave a card on top that says, "Turn me on instead".

  18. Put love notes in his pockets.

  19. Take the time to notice what he has done for you and your family.

  20. Brag about him to other people both in front of him and even when he's not there.

  21. Work to get rid of habits that annoy him.

  22. Don't argue with him in front of the kids.

  23. Be his best cheerleader.

  24. Don't ask him to read your mind.

  25. Say "I love you" three times a day for the rest of your life.

No comments: