Saturday, February 09, 2008

It's a Sun-Shiny Day

The sun came out yesterday. It is back this morning too. Last week we were out shoveling the driveway and I remembered back to when we were living in the sun belt of Arizona. Someone told me one day when I was wishing out loud for even a slight change in the weather, "You don't have to shovel sunshine". On that day I would have done anything for a wintry snow storm. Or just about anything besides sunny and warm. I didn't take the comment well. I wanted to tell that person to stick it where the sun don't shine. But I didn't, because I knew my frustration was not really at the person who pointed out the obvious, but at the bright shining ball in the sky.
Well, Mr. Sun, I'm glad your back and I'm sorry I said those things about you. I have missed you. We all have. I guess it's true absence makes the heart grow fonder. We had a sun-shiny day snow cone out back to celebrate your return.

1 comment:

Casa of Corn said...

Hurray for the sun! And I agree with your wise friend, so calm yourself down with that shovel and find a nice shady spot to relax in when the summer months do come back. (I put a very small up-date on my blog, plus changed the quote --I'm such a blog junky!Check yours out at an average of 3 times a day.)*Farm-girl