Saturday, February 02, 2008

Hot What?

Our sunshine has subsided to another snow storm. The rodent was right. So far anyway.
The kids and I enjoyed a relaxing day doing some minor projects while the Zookeeper was working. I actually had a chance to sit down and look through a magazine that has been sitting on my counter for about a week. Around 4:00 we looked outside and it was snowing again. The boys waited until 5 minutes before sunset to go out and play in the snow. When I couldn't see them from the house I called them in. "Can we have hot chocolate, pleeease". Well, we are just about out of hot chocolate, but thanks to that magazine I read earlier I had a new recipe to try. Everyone has had hot chocolate, but have you ever had hot vanilla? I thought it might be a nice change of pace. We had all the ingredients on hand, so we made a pot. I think it would have been really good, except for the new brand of vanilla I just bought. I neglected to read the ingredient label and it has way more alcohol in it than the kind we usually use. Why is there alcohol in vanilla? It does not taste good. The chocolate-cinnamon whipped cream was delightful though. I guess we'll just stick with the good old stand-by for now . . . hot chocolate.
Little Lady entertained herself for quite a while with all her bow and barrettes this afternoon. Isn't she lovely?

Crazy Fox tasted the hot vanilla, but decided he doesn't like my new concoction. Too much alcohol.



Digging Badger would not even try it. He is completely a creature of habit. He likes about 3 things and one of them is hot chocolate. He decided to just have orange juice.
I think it may me affecting his vision.

No comments: